“Michelin Winter” Terms & Conditions:
MICHELIN WINTER FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the MICHELIN WINTER promotion conducted by (Michelin South Africa). By entering into this campaign, you agree to be bound by the rules below:
2. MICHELIN is giving you the chance to earn a discount on each MICHELIN tyre purchased. You could be rewarded with a discount on every 16” and above tyres. Your discount will be displayed on your invoice or online shopping cart total. All purchases on Michelin tyres will go into the draw to stand a chance to win 1 of a total of 6 trips to Mauritius. The campaign will run from 15th June until midnight on 31st July 2017.
2.1. 13” to 15” qualify for entry into the draw to stand a chance to win 1 of 3 trips to Mauritius.
2.2. 16”-17” qualify for R75 discount per tyre purchased.
2.3. 18” and above” qualify for R150 discount per tyre purchased.
2.4. In addition to the discount received for 16” and above purchases, consumers have automatic entry into the draw to stand a chance to win 1 of 3 trips to Mauritius.
3. HOW TO QUALIFY
3.1. Purchase any Michelin tyre(s) from a participating fitment center.
3.2. Check your invoice to verify that the discount was allocated as per clause 2.2 and 2.3.
3.3. All purchases go into the draw to stand a chance to win 1 of 6 trips to Mauritius. (Inch size dependent, as per clause 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3).
4. CAMPAIGN RULES
4.1. TCC Fusion, and Michelin (South Africa) are collectively referred to as the “Promoters” in respect of the Promotion for purposes of these Terms & Conditions.
5. This Promotion commences on 15 June 2017 and shall run until midnight on 31 July 2017 (“Campaign Period”), subject always to any early termination or extension thereof by the “Promoters” as contemplated in these Terms & Conditions.
5.1. These Terms & Conditions override any advertising collateral or material in the event of any conflict.
6. Only end users will be considered as valid candidates for the discount, therefore purchases between dealerships will be not be considered.
7. End users who comply with the qualifying criteria have the opportunity of being rewarded with the relevant discount per tyre on their invoices in accordance with their purchase as per clause 2.2 and 2.3.
8. Each entrant is expected to have purchased MICHELIN branded tyres (excluding BFGoodrich & MICHELIN Light Truck & MICHELIN Commercial) and be able to produce a valid invoice evidencing purchase in order to qualify.
9. All entrants who participate in the promotion and successfully comply with the qualifying criteria have the opportunity of being rewarded with the discount in accordance with their purchase and/or go into the draw to stand a chance to win 1 of the total 6 trips to Mauritius.
10. Entrants must enter on a phone that is owned and registered to that person. No other person can use another person’s phone for competition entry purposes. If it is discovered that entrant has entered from a phone that is not registered to them they will be disqualified and the entrant will be requested to refund the reward to promoter. This is to avoid fraud and to ensure compliance to the CPA.
11. Therefore each entrant is expected to be the owner of that phone and no singular person can enter off of another mobile phone number. This is to avoid additional fraud being conducted by multiple SIM card owners.
12. Each entrant is expected to have purchased MICHELIN 16” or above tyres in order to qualify for the discount reward and stands a chance win 1 of 3 trips to Mauritius.
13. Each entrant is expected to have purchased MICHELIN 15” or below tyres in order to qualify to stand a chance win 1 of 3 trips to Mauritius.
14. TRIPS TO MAURITIUS
14.1. The draw will take place on the 14 August 2017.
14.2. The “Winners” will be selected by random draw and notified by telephone call confirming that they have won the “Trip to Mauritius”. The “Winner” will be contacted within 48 hours to arrange necessary documents for travel. If the winner cannot be contacted during this period, the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited by him/her. A new winner will be drawn and the same process followed.
14.3. If for any reason a “Winner” does not confirm a date of travel by 15 October 2017, then the trip will be forfeited. Any further draws will be conducted at the place and in the same manner as the original draw. The “Winner” of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified as set out in these terms and conditions.
14.4. The “Winner” will be required to sign an indemnity form.
14.5. The trip includes:
a. Return economy flights from OR Tambo International, Johannesburg to Ile Maurice Sir Seewoosagur, Mauritius;
b. Transfers from Ile Maurice Sir Seewoosagur airport to the hotel on arrival and back to the airport on the day of departure;
c. Six (6) days and five (5) nights stay in a standard room at a four star hotel selected by the “Promoters” for a 2 adults (2) travelling between 1 September 2017 and 30 November 2017 excluding public holidays, long weekend and school holidays.
14.6. Hotel and flights and tours are subject to availability at time of booking.
14.7. The “Winners” must be in possession of a valid passport with expiry dates no less than three (3) months following the date of return to South Africa. If the “Winner” does not meet this condition, the trip will be forfeited and another “Winner” may be selected in accordance with the above rules.
14.8. The “Winner” will be responsible for arranging his/her passport, visa and other requirements for entry into Mauritius. The “Winner” bears all risks associated with any refusal of entry into Mauritius. No compensation will be payable if a “Winner” is unable to take the trip (or any part of it) as stated for whatever reason.
14.9. The Trip excludes:
a. Passport costs (should the “Winners” not have a valid passport), Visa costs, laundry, telephone, mini-bars, travel insurance, luggage insurance, gratuity.
b. The “Winners” will need to arrange their own transport to/from OR Tambo International airport in South Africa on their departure date and when they arrive back in South Africa.
c. Flights are upgradable at the “Winners” own expense.
d. Should “Winners” wish to extend their trip or change flights, it will be at their own expense and will not be a part of the package offered.
14.10. A full itinerary for the trip will be supplied to the “Winners”. Any additional expenses outside of the trip will be for the “Winners” own expense, and anything, including but not limited to any meal, activity, transportation, additional excursions, accommodation and all other costs and arrangements which are not included in the itinerary will be for the “Winners” expense.
15. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The discount and Trip to Mauritius is not transferable, and no substitution or cash redemption of prizes is permitted.
17. “Winners” may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes. “Winners” or entrants shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request. “Winners” that take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the “Promoter”.
18. The “Promoters” of the promotion reserve the right to cancel or postpone the promotion at any time.
19. The “Promoters” will continuously monitor any irregular behaviour, whether it be in entries and/or entrant’s details. Consequently, any violation or attempt and/or suspicion of violation or irregular behaviour and/or non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions will result in immediate disqualification of the entrant.
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the “Promoters” in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
21. The entrant acknowledges that he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these Terms and Conditions and that he/she understands and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
22. All entrants participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these Terms and Conditions, the entrant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the “Promoters”, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the promotion and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of any of the “Promoters”.
23. The “Promoters”, their directors, employees, agents and distributors accept no responsibility and they will not, in any circumstances, be liable to compensate the Entrant, or accept any liability for: (a) any inability by the entrant to use the Reward in part or at all; (b) the lack of quality or any other aspect of any service which is or should be provided at any venue(s) in relation to the Reward; or (c) any personal loss or injury occurring at any venue(s) arising, directly or indirectly, out of the use of the Reward.
24. The “Promoters”, their directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any Reward nor in respect of any warranties or undertakings given by any person other than the “Promoters” themselves.
25. The “Promoters” reserve the right to terminate or extend the promotion at any time. In the event of such termination or extension, all entrants agree to waive (give up) any rights that they may have in terms of the promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the “Promoters”, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
26. By participating in the promotion, entrants acknowledge that the promotion will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Qualifying entrants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the “Promoters” to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the Reward to the entrant. Should any qualifying entrant refuse or be unable to comply with this requirement, the entrant shall be deemed to have rejected the Reward.
27. Michelin reserves the right to terminate/cancel the competition at any stage prior to the end of the competition period, whether as a result of changes in legislation, if required by any national, provincial or municipal authority or for any reason whatsoever. Notice of such termination shall be published on MICHELIN’s website at http://www.michelin.co.za as soon as reasonably possible. In such event, all entrants waive any rights that they may have or purport to have in terms of the promotion, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Michelin whatsoever.
28. Confidentiality: Due to the nature of the campaign, TCC Fusion will not share any of the sales or Participant information with Michelin South Africa.