Terms & Conditions
TiAuto Investments Proprietary Limited provides the information contained on this website and any of the pages comprising the website ("website") to you subject to the terms ("the terms") set out herein and referenced herein. By accessing the website, you shall be deemed to have agreed to all the terms. TiAuto Investments may at any time modify the terms and your continued use of the website will be subject to the terms in force at the time of your use. Accordingly you agree to review the terms periodically, and your continued access or use of the website shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the amended terms.
2. Content of the Website
- Whilst every effort is made to update the information provided on this website on a regular basis, TiAuto Investments makes no representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the accuracy, completeness and/or reliability of any information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by the various companies within the TiAuto Investments group of companies [collectively "information"] ) and shall not be bound in any manner by any information. The information made available on the website from time to time, should not at any time be construed as advice of whatever nature, including inter alia, investment advice. Nothing on this website shall be construed as an invitation or offer by TiAuto Investments and/or any of the companies in the TiAuto Investments group of companies from time to time to acquire and/or dispose of and/or in any other manner deal with shares in TiAuto Investments and/or any companies in the TiAuto Investments group of companies from time to time.
- TiAuto Investments reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website. No information contained on the website (and whether posted by TiAuto Investments or any of the companies within the TiAuto Investments group of companies) shall be construed as advice and same are offered for information purposes only.
3. Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- Copyright and all intellectual property rights in all materials, texts, drawings and data made available on this website (collectively "materials") are owned by TiAuto Investments alternatively, TiAuto Investments is the lawful user thereof and is protected by both South African and international intellectual property laws. Accordingly, any unauthorised copying, reproduction, retransmission, distribution, dissemination, sale, publication, broadcast or other circulation or exploitation of such materials or any component thereof will constitute an infringement of such copyright and other intellectual property rights. You may, however, use the materials or any component thereof for internal business purposes.
- The trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively "trademarks") displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of TiAuto Investments. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademarks without the prior written consent of TiAuto Investments.
4. External links
- External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of TiAuto Investments and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to that external website's terms and conditions of use.
- No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of TiAuto Investments.
5. Warranties, Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- TiAuto Investments makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website and any of the information contained on or referenced by the website. Without limiting the generality of the aforegoing, TiAuto Investments gives no warranty of whatever nature regarding the accuracy or appropriateness in any jurisdiction of any information provided on or referenced by the website. Accordingly, the website is made available and the information is provided to you on an "as is" basis.
- TiAuto Investments shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect, or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party, as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website and any information contained on or accessed via the website. You, hereby indemnify TiAuto Investments and waive any rights you may have or obtain against TiAuto Investments in respect of any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered by such you and/or third party as a result of or which may be attributable directly or indirectly to any of the aforesaid. Without limiting the generality of the aforegoing TiAuto Investments shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, expense or damage of whatever nature incurred or sustained by you or any third party, due to - (i) any failure and/or unavailability of the website for any reason whatever and/or the failure/delay by any third party service provider to render any services which are necessary to ensure the availability and proper functioning of the website; and (ii) your use of or reliance on any information offered on or via the website.
- TiAuto Investments is sensitive to the private nature of information you provide to us over the Internet. When you use the website you may be providing TiAuto Investments with your personally identifiable information. In addition, our web servers may automatically collect web site usage information from you when you visit our website. Website usage information informs us about how our visitors and subscribers use and navigate our website, including the number and frequency of users to each webpage, their IP address and the length of their stays.
- We may combine the personally identifiable information you provide TiAuto Investments with other information about you that is available to us, including website usage information and information from other sources. We may use this information to inter alia enable us to improve your experience on the website, to improve and develop new products, features and services, to provide marketing with aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns, to allow us to personalise the advertising users see based on their personal characteristics or preferences and for other purposes. We may share such information with third parties to help us improve our content and for the purposes as aforesaid.
- The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We maintain safeguards to protect the security, integrity, and privacy of these servers and of your personally identifiable information.
- These terms constitute the sole record of the agreement between you and TiAuto Investments in relation to the subject matter hereof. Neither you nor TiAuto Investments shall be bound by any express tacit nor implied representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein. These terms supersede and replace all prior commitments, undertakings or representations, whether written or oral, between you and TiAuto Investments in respect of the subject matter hereof. No addition to, variation or agreed cancellation of any provision of these terms shall be binding upon either you or TiAuto Investments unless agreed to by TiAuto Investments. No indulgence or extension of time which either you or TiAuto Investments may grant to the other will constitute a waiver of or, whether by estoppel or otherwise, limit any of the existing or future rights of the grantor in terms hereof, save in the event or to the extent that the grantor has signed a written document expressly waiving or limiting such rights.
- All provisions of these terms are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of these terms which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as pro non scripto and the remaining provisions of these terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- Should TiAuto Investments be prevented from fulfilling any of its obligations to you as a result of any event of force majeure, then those obligations shall be deemed to have been suspended to the extent that and for as long as TiAuto Investments is so prevented from fulfilling them and your corresponding obligations shall be suspended to the corresponding extent. In the event that force majeure continues for more than thirty days after it has first occurred then TiAuto Investments shall be entitled (but not obliged) to terminate all of its rights and obligations in terms of or arising out of these terms by giving notice to you. An "event of force majeure" shall mean any event or circumstance whatsoever which is not within the reasonable control of the affected party including, without limitation, vis major, casus fortuitus, any act of God, strike, theft, riots, explosion, insurrection or other similar disorder, war (whether declared or not) or military operations, the downtime of any telecommunications line and/or unavailablity of any telecommunications facilities, power failure, international restrictions, any requirement of any international authority, any requirement of any government or other competent local authority, any court order, export control or shortage of transport facilities.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa in respect of any disputes arising in connection with these terms or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
Effective Date: 23 April 2018
TiAuto Investments (Pty) Ltd ( “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protecting the personal information that you provide to us, and in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013 (“POPI”), and recognise the importance of being clear about how we intend to use it.
1. Personal Information
2. What Information We May Collect from You
2.1. We collect personal information to provide services, solutions, and to improve our products, services for our client and in terms of managing our business, complying with legislation, and for other purposes explained below. The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information to the extent that is reasonably necessary for that purpose.
2.2. If your organisation is our client and you do not agree to provide us with your personal information, this may limit our ability to provide our services and solutions to your organisation.
We collect certain categories of information:
2.3. “Personal Information” is information that could be used to identify you individually or that could be used to contact or locate you, including but not limited to, your name, email address and company information.
2.4. “Anonymous Information” is information about you that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information generally cannot be used to identify you absent accompanying Personal Information. We may collect Personal Information and/or Anonymous Information in the following ways:
2.4.1. Information you voluntarily provide to us:
We may collect Personal Information through forms that you complete on our Website, by subscribing to our services (such as newsletters or white papers), using discussion forums on our Website, attending training sessions, following us on social media, by attending our events or by corresponding with us by phone, email, social media or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when you purchase products from us, submit a query or complaint, participate in forums or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and/or when you report a problem with our Website.
2.4.2. Information from our Website (collected automatically):
Each time you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect the following Personal Information and/or Anonymous Information:
22.214.171.124. Technical information including, but not limited to, browser type, operating system, device information, IP address, domain name, referral URL, time zone setting, and/or a time-stamp for your visit.
126.96.36.199. Usage information including, but not limited to, geographic location information (such as your country or province), the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site, page views, unique page views, video views, form conversions, and your clickstream behaviour (e.g. clicking links to, through and from our Website).
188.8.131.52. We and our third-party suppliers may use various technologies such as cookies, web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs), and e-tags to collect Personal Information and/or Anonymous Information, to analyse trends, and to provide you with a more personalized customer experience.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are placed on your computer to enable our system to recognize your computer when you return to our Website and to collect various technical and usage information about your visits. Cookies may be used by us and our third-party suppliers who help us provide our Website. We may link information stored in cookies to Personal Information we have in our systems.
To learn more about third party cookies and other advertising networks and their opt out instructions, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
2.5. Information collected from other sources:
We work closely with third-parties (for example, associate companies, business partners, resellers, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search engine providers) and may receive Personal Information about you from them to the extent permitted by applicable law, to enable us to establish accounts, fulfil orders and customize your experience on our Website with personalized content. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
This clause will only be applicable to the extent that you have applied for employment. If you apply for employment with us, we also may collect personal information including details contained in letters of application and CV/résumé, previous employment background, education history, work-related licenses, certifications, or other professional credentials, languages and other relevant skills. You may also voluntarily choose to provide other relevant information as part of your application. If you intend to provide us with personal information of a reference or any other third party as part of your application for employment, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that third party prior to providing the personal information to us.
3. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information held about you to:
3.1. establish, manage, and maintain our business relationships;
3.2. send communications;
3.3. respond to inquiries and requests;
3.4. develop, provide, and improve our products and services to you;
3.5. inform you about special offers, new products and services and important notices;
3.6. obtain feedback from you on our products and services;
3.7. provide you with a personalised experience when you interact with us;
3.8. conduct administrative and business functions to fulfil our contractual obligations with you;
3.9. enable you to subscribe to our website, newsletters, mailing lists and to register for events, competitions, workshops and seminars;
3.10. assess the performance of our websites and to improve its operation;
3.11. process and respond to complaints;
3.12. update our records and keep contact details up to date;
3.13. process your application for employment with us, evaluate whether your qualifications may suitable for other employment positions, and for employment-related purposes if you are hired;
3.14. comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator; industry codes to which we subscribe, or which apply to us, in cooperation with any regulatory authority of any country; or as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law.
4. Our Products and Services
You acknowledge that some of our products and use of services may collect data that includes, but is not limited to, one or more of the following where applicable: data (such as number of bytes, number of packets, IP addresses, server name, and ports), process and system metrics (such as CPU, memory usage, disk i/o, applications and/or operating systems on which such products are used), performance data about applications that are instrumented (such as classes, methods, parameters, URLs, SQL statements, and IP addresses), user and administrative account information (such as name, email address, and phone number), and/or any transactions related to any of the foregoing (all such data collectively, “Data”). Not all products collect Data; additional information about the Data that can be collected by a product is set forth in the applicable documentation for such product. You acknowledge that Data may contain Personal Information, and that some Personal Information may be required to provide administrative access and control of certain products and services to you. Some products may permit you to specify what types of Data will be collected as described in the applicable documentation for such product. You are solely responsible for the Data that you choose to collect and monitor; you acknowledge that some of the services and/or product functionality and features might not function if you do not enable collection of certain Data.
We may use, reproduce, and/or transmit the Data for your benefit as needed to provide you with products and related services. Data we collect is primarily used to display product and performance information back to the product user. Data is used for development, diagnostic and/or corrective purposes, including providing you with technical support regarding your use of our products and services.
5. Where We Store Your Information
5.1. The information we collect from you (including Data) may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination other than the country in which the information was collected (including but not limited to servers and data centres located locally and in the add name/s of other countries). By using our Website, products and services or providing any Data and/or Personal Information to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of such information outside of the country where such information was originally collected at another destination in which we do business (and where data protection standards may be different).
We have concluded agreements with all recipients of your personal information to ensure that they treat your personal information with the same level of protection as we are required to do in the Republic of South Africa.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge that we are not obligated to retain any Data.
5.2. You represent and warrant that where you provide Data other than your own personal data:
5.2.1. you are competent to in terms of laws of the country;
5.2.2. you have the necessary rights and licenses required to provide Data to us and our business partners, and
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information or Data to anyone. We share your Personal Information and Data only with your consent, as well as in the following circumstances:
6.1. Contractors and Agents: We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our contractors and agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or Data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information and Data.
6.2. Business Partners We have an extensive network of channel partners and suppliers who help us sell and deliver our products and services. Additionally, certain of our products and services incorporate software provided by third party suppliers.
6.2.1. We may share your Personal Information with our business partners for purposes of:
184.108.40.206. selling and providing products and services to you;
220.127.116.11. report on sales of products.
6.3. Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets or become involved in a merger, acquisition or similar transaction. In these types of transactions, customer information (that may include Personal Information and Data) is typically one of the assets that is transferred. We and the acquiring entity will retain the confidentiality of such information.
6.4. Protection of the Company and Others: We may disclose or share Personal Information, Data and other information, if we believe in good faith that such disclosure or sharing is legally required or is necessary to protect our legal rights (including, but not limited to, our intellectual property rights and enforcement of our agreements), the legal rights of others, or the safety and/or security of us, our employees, our customers, or other users.
7.1. The security of your Personal Information and Data is important to us. We use certain security measures, including, but not limited to, administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect your Personal Data and Data from unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure. Those safeguards may include measures for preventing access, use, modification or disclosure of Personal Information and Data by our personnel except as required by such personnel:
7.1.1. to provide products and services to you,
7.1.2. to provide support, product development and related services, including to prevent or address service or technical problems and make improvements,
7.1.3. as compelled by applicable law or as required to protect our legal rights, or
7.1.4. as you expressly permit or instruct in writing.
Any of our personnel that requires access to Personal Information or Data will be bound by a confidentiality agreement.
7.2. Where applicable, please do not disclose your Website login credentials to unauthorized people. You are responsible for the security of your login credentials and for any activity that occurs under your account with us.
7.3. Please be aware that no security measures can wholly eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information and Data; keep this in mind when disclosing any sensitive information to us.
7.4. If we learn of a breach of our systems, we may notify you and others in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and/or as agreed by us in writing.
8. Public Forums
We offer individuals the opportunity to interact and publish content via discussion forums, blogs, and other means on our Website (“Online Communication Tools”). If you use such Online Communication Tools, any information that you disclose becomes publicly available, and could be used to contact you, to send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither we nor you have control over. Your use of certain Online Communication Tools may be subject to additional terms and conditions. We are not responsible for the Personal Information or any other information you choose to submit or publish via these Online Communication Tools.
We may use information held about you to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want to use your information in this way, or to pass along your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe from such emails using the link provided in the emails, tell our staff member you’re dealing with, email us at add email address, or select the relevant opt-out option on the form in which we are collecting your information.
10. Links to Third-Party Websites
11. Your Privacy Rights
11.1. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may communicate with you for direct marketing purposes regarding information about our products, services and solutions that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be in various forms, in accordance with applicable laws.
11.3. If you opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding our products and related services as required in terms of our contractual obligations.
12. Access and Correction
12.1. We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that information is stored securely both in electronic and physical form.
12.2. You have a right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. If you wish to access, correct, update, suppress, or delete your personal information that has been previously provided to us, please send a written request to: [email protected]
13. How long will We retain Your Personal Information?
14. Contact Us
16. TiAuto Investments (Pty) Ltd (TiA) and Baker Street Data Sciences and Analytics (Pty) Ltd ("BSA") data management agreement:
This summary briefly describes the key aspects of the data management business relationship between TiA and BSA (TiA third-party data management and analytics service provider). The full agreement Data Transfer Agreement has been signed between TiA and BSA and a copy will be made available to TiA and/or its clients on request.
This agreement is limited to your relationship with Client Name or "We", part of a group of companies called the Ti Auto Investments (Pty) Ltd.
We are a processor of Personal Information ("Pl") as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI). During our relationship, we may need to process your Pl to provide research, marketing, insights, customer profiling and related services using third parties, in this instance BSA.
This includes processing by BSA to:
- Confirm the accuracy of the information provided by you, our client; and
- Input information such as identity, contact and address details, purchasing information and other related information provided to BSA.
TiA and BSA are accountable institutions. You hereby consent (effective date) for your PI to be provided to BSA to store and process your PI in accordance with the provisions of POPI.
TiAuto Investments Proprietary Limited
Telephone:+27 11 256 4040
Physical Address:Cnr. Old Pretoria Road & K101, Midrand, 1685, South Africa
Postal Address:PO Box 6007, Halfway House, 1685, South Africa
All Rights Reserved.