Balance your wheels
Regardless of how well or how little you drive, tyres do eventually wear down over time. It is unlikely that they’ll wear down evenly, and this can cause:
- Changes in the mass of rubber on your tyres.
- A weight imbalance.
- The steering wheel to shimmy and shake.
Despite advanced rubber compounds and manufacturing processes, even new tyres need to be balanced sometimes.
What can you do about it?
Get the best out of your tyres by making sure that they are all properly balanced. During wheel balancing, one of our technicians will:
- Mount each tyre to its rim, and inflate it to the correct air pressure.
- Fit a new valve stem.
- Using a special machine, find the imbalance and determine its severity.
- Balance the wheel by affixing wheel balancing weights to the rim.
- Spin the wheel on the machine again to make sure it is correctly balanced.
Wheel balancing, wheel alignment & tyre rotation should be done every 10 000kms or once per annum. Visit your nearest Tiger Wheel & Tyre store today.