X-Sure® Tyre Insurance
X-Sure® is an insurance policy that covers your car’s tyres. The policy covers both new and used tyres in the case of serious damage.
X-Sure® NEW & USED | Insurance for Tyres | South Africa
The purpose of this insurance policy is to give you peace of mind that you will be covered when your vehicle’s tyres need to be replaced due to damage that cannot be repaired. You will receive a credit towards the cost of buying a new tyre/s at selected Tiger Wheel & Tyre stores within South Africa.
X-Sure® NEW | New Tyres
New Tyres Within 30 (thirty) days or 2,000km (two thousand kilometres):
Should the Insured Event occur within 30 (thirty) days from inception of this Policy or within the first 2,000km (two thousand kilometres) of driving on the Insured Item after fitment as specified on the Tiger Wheel & Tyre invoice, whichever comes first, the Insured will receive a full credit towards the purchase of the same or similar new tyre from Tiger Wheel & Tyre, regardless of the remaining tread on the Insured Item.
After 30 (thirty) days or 2,000km (two thousand kilometres):
For Insured Events occurring after 30 (thirty) days from inception of this Policy or after the first 2,000km (two thousand kilometres) of driving on the Insured Item, whichever comes first, the Sum Insured shall be calculated by firstly measuring the remaining tread of the Insured Item, and deducting from that the 1mm (one millimetre) excess. Such figure represents the remaining tread. The remaining tread of the Insured item will be expressed as a percentage of the original tread depth and thereafter multiplied by the original purchase price of the Insured Item from Tiger Wheel & Tyre. The rand value as determined using the above formula shall constitute the credit value which the Insured will be entitled to use towards the purchase of a new tyre.
Example: Calculation of the Credit Amount:
Should you buy a tyre for R1000 from Tiger Wheel & Tyre with an original tread depth of 8mm, and the remaining tread on the tyre is 6mm, the Credit amount will be R625. = (6mm remaining tread - 1mm excess) / 8mm original tread x R1000 purchase price = 5mm/8mm x R1000 = 62.5% x R1000 = R625
X-Sure® USED | Used Tyres
For any Insured Event the Sum Insured shall be calculated by firstly measuring the remaining tread of the Insured Item, and deducting from that 1mm (one millimetre) excess. Such figure represents the remaining tread. The remaining tread will be expressed as a percentage of the original tread depth of the Insured Item and thereafter multiplied by the original price of the insured item, as calculated at inception of this Policy. The rand value as determined using the above formula shall constitute the credit value which the Insured will be entitled to use towards the purchase of a new tyre.
Limitation of Benefits
• The Credit Amount will not be paid in cash but paid towards the purchase of a new tyre from Tiger Wheel & Tyre. You will be your own insurer for the difference between the Credit Amount and replacement cost of the new tyre.
• The Credit Amount is limited to R3500 (three thousand five hundred rand) per Insured Item, irrespective of the price of the Insured Item purchase.
• Cover includes one claim per Insured Item.
• On the Used policy only, a waiting period of 30 (thirty) days applies before you can claim. Any damage to the insured item before this waiting period expires shall be excluded from all future claims.
The Tread Limit is the minimum legal tread limit as stipulated by the National Road Traffic Act No 93 of 1996. This states that no person shall operate a motor vehicle on a public road which:
• is fitted with a pneumatic tyre unless such tyre displays throughout, across its breadth and around its entire circumference, a pattern which is clearly visible, and has a tread of at least 1mm (one millimetre) in depth; or
• is fitted with a pneumatic tyre, which contains a tyre tread depth indicator, if the tread is level with the tyre tread depth indicator.
In respect of each and every event that gives rise to a claim, 1mm (one millimetre) of the tread will be deducted from the remaining tread and will act as excess. The excess will not apply for a New Tyre in the first 30 (thirty) days or 2,000km (two thousand kilometres) whichever comes first.
Period of Insurance
This is a term Policy and valid for two years or 50,000km from date of purchase of the insurance as indicated on the Tiger Wheel & Tyre invoice.
Cover for the Insured Item(s) will terminate on the earlier if:
• the original tread of the Insured Item being worn to the Tread Limit as defined at the time of a claim; or
• the expiration of 2 (two) years from date of purchase of insurance for the Insured Item; or
• 50,000km (fifty thousand kilometres) travelled using the vehicle’s speedometer readings from date of purchase for the Insured Item to date of claim; or
• the sale of the Insured Item or vehicle to which the tyre was fitted; or
• a claim has been paid.
Contact your nearest store now: click here.
X-Sure® COMPREHENSIVE COVER | Insurance for Tyres
Credit for irreparable damage:
A full credit will be paid towards the purchase of a new tyre/s when the insured tyre/s is damaged and irreparable. The credit amount shall be calculated by determining the original product price of the tyre/s purchased, and you will receive 100% credit against a product of the same / similar type.
• If your vehicle is fitted with a tyre/s with a tread depth of 8mm and the remaining tread depth of the damaged tyre/s is 5mm;
• We will pass a 100% credit payment due to you;
• Total pay-out is now 100% of the original tyre value / purchase price, limited to R3 500.00 per tyre claim.
X-Sure® GAP COVER | Continental ContiSure
In addition to the standard X-Sure® cover, we have an additional optional product that will enhance your cover and will boost the insurance on your passenger, SUV, 4x4 or light commercial Continental tyre/s to include the portion of tread for which you have already had the benefit of using. X-Sure® Gap Cover, entitles the policy owner to fully comprehensive cover for the full replacement of the insured tyre/s at the insured value. This product is only available on new ContiSure Road Hazard Warranties.
• If your vehicle/s is fitted with a tyre/s with a tread depth of 8mm and the remaining tread depth of the damaged tyre/s is 7mm;
• The underlying policy pays out a credit amount of 75% of the cost of the same or a similar new tyre/s;
• We will pay the diff erence of 25% of the cost of the same or a similar new tyre/s, but only up to a maximum of what you paid for the tyre/s when you purchased it;
• This is a two year product that will run concurrently with your tyre/s insurance purchased through selected Tiger Wheel & Tyre stores, with no brand exclusions;
• X-Sure® Gap is not available when purchasing X-Sure® Used;
• X-Sure® Gap is only available as a standalone supplement to all new ContiSure Road Hazard Warranties.
X-Sure® | Hollard
Underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Limited. (Reg. No. 1952/003004/06) Marketed by Tiger Wheel & Tyre, a division of TiAuto Investments (Pty) Limited (Reg. No. 2014/173958/07).
Administered by International Underwriters and Administrators (Pty) Limited (IUA Business Solutions) (Registration Number 1981/006334/07) with FSP number: FSP 46180.
Terms & Conditions apply on all X-Sure® products. Please view/download each Policy to see full Terms & Conditions. See "X-Sure® Policy Downloads" section at the top of this page.